Arrábida - History wine & Art craft tour
The other side of Lisbon you will definitively don't want to miss!
What is included:
- Expert local guide (that will also be your driver)
- 8h Private Tour , exclusive for your group and possible to customize (limited to the guide and itineraries possibilities at the day)
- Transport in a comfortable minivan with AC
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your accommodation (possible only in Sintra, Lisbon, Cascais and Ericeira)
- 1 entrance fee per person to Quinta da Bacalhôa
- Wine tasting session
- 1 entrance fee per person to Azulejos de Azeitão - Tile Factory
- 1 entrance fee per person to Palmela Castle
- All insurances included
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small Port-Wine tasting
- Wi-fi on board
- Lot's of fun guaranteed
What is not included:
- Tickets & Entrance fees that are not specified above
- Snacks or drinks (unless specified)
What you will see:
A friendly guide will pick you up at your accommodation; then enjoy your ride, crossing Vasco da Gama Bridge, one of the longest in Europe. The first stop, Palmela Castle, has been inhabited since pre-historic times, due to the privileged and strategic location. See traces of various cultures and the passing of time. There are several churches for you to visit and also a convent that belongs to Santiago Order turned now into a hostel. From that point you can catch sight of both the Tagus River and the Sado River.
Moving on, note the incomparable beauty of the Arrábida Mountain, integrated in Arrábida Natural Park. Here you will get the chance to see Arrábida Convent, hidden between the trees, turned towards the ocean, and dating back to the XVI Century. You will end up in Azulejos de Azeitão, a handmade tile factory using centuries-old techniques. Learn and experience for yourself one of the oldest crafts in Portugal.
The next spot is Quinta da Bacalhôa, a very important Portuguese winery founded in 1922. Explore the winery and taste one of the best wines in the country, during a full hour dedicated to you. Then move to Sesimbra, a Portuguese fisherman villa; close to one of the most amazing beaches in Portugal, Praia da California. Last but not least is the iconic Cristo Rei, inspired by the Brazilian Christ the Redeemer statue, it has become one of the most important religious monuments in Portugal. You will head back over 25 de Abril Bridge - very similar to the well-known Bay Bridge in San Francisco, California.